Google recently shared the 5 holiday shopping trends for this year drafted from Google Data and Research of 2014.
- This year has been the most connected holiday shopping season. There is an increase in online research and purchase. 78% of the holiday research was done online, 29% relied on friends and/or colleagues and about 40% of the holiday shopping was done online.
- Mobile is taking e-commerce big time, and a lot of money was spent by people purchasing using their smartphones. An increase of almost 8% was seen in the number of people shopping online. Approximately, $1 Trillion were influenced by shopping-related mobile searches.
- The holiday shopping began long time before Black Friday instead of waiting for a single sale day; statistics show that people started shopping before Halloween, and nearly half did most of their shopping on or before Cyber Monday.
- Brand loyalties were openly available making consumers open to change, they were looking for new stores and also for new brands. 41% of the people purchased from a new retailer.
- YouTube did play an important role to give reviews to the holiday shoppers. 80% of the people watched products reviews and ratings.
Check out the complete infographic from Google below, do not forget to share this.